I love the beginning of a New Year to start afresh, and to reflect on what I’d like to accomplish in the next year. The word “resolution” is just too loaded; to me it connotes something grim or determined. I prefer to have goals that I’d like to meet, and that I can change if I want. Of course, I have the usual goals of getting in shape, eating more healthfully, buying less “stuff,” and buying locally, blah blah blah, but really, for the New Year I like to focus on new actions that might improve my life and bring me joy.
- Stay more connected with the people in my life.
- Go on more hikes with my husband. I feel much more centered when I’ve been in the woods and exercised a bit.
- Learn 10 new French words a day.
- Make pasta at home with my hand-crank pasta maker a few times this year.
- Entertain friends at home.
- Write blog posts regularly.
- Watch more foreign films.
- Learn more about wine.
Do you have any resolutions or goals? Do you reach them? Are you stressed if you don’t, or do you just let it go?